Once you have selected the correct trailer hitch you are ready to round out your package with towing accessories. Below you'll find a list of basic accessories you must have when towing a vehicle.
1. Trailer ball - mounted on the drawbar or ball mount. The ball size must match the trailer coupler size.
2. Drawbar/Ball mount - Hidden Hitch products have removable ball mounts.
3. Trailer coupler - required on a trailer.
4. Electrical and wiring - all tow vehicles must be properly wired.
5. Brake control - required when towing a trailer with electric brakes.
6. Safety chains - required when towing.
7. Transmission oil coolers: a must for all automatic transmissions.