Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vent Visors & Bug Shields and other Auto Accessories topics.
Installing vent visors to your side windows is relatively simple, though the degree of difficulty may vary from one brand and style to another. Some you can stick on, others you just clip on. In any case, it shouldn't take you more than three or four days to get the job done. Less, if you follow these steps for a vent visor that attach to the window frame using double-sided tape.
1. Before installing, clean the surface of the window frame with alcohol to ensure a good bond.
2. Peel off about an inch of the tape backing to use as a pull-tab during installation.
3. Remove the plastic triangular cap inside the front door at the front edge of the window. Remove the three small mounting bolts underneath the cap that hold the side mirror in place (figure B). This allows the side-view mirror to be angled out of the way during installation.
4. Insert the front-end flange of the deflector between the cap and the window channel and position the deflector against the window frame.
5. With the deflector positioned properly, peel away the tape backing and press firmly to ensure good adhesion.
6. Retighten the mirror mounting-bolts and replace the triangular cap.
7. Step back, admire your work.
Invite your friends to see your newly installed vent visors.